Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Celebrations of the Elderly

I'm sure everyone is writing/blogging/boasting about their plentiful New Year's resolutions, (personally, I prefer to use "aspirations" because we all know that the majority of the time it's the thought that counts) and how they're going to go about fulfilling the new and improved human being they're about to become. That or there will be tales of reminiscing over the past year, the good and the bad, the help and the hurt, how they've grown and become humble. And good for them. They have the ability to set and follow goals, something I'm not too good at in the long term.

The reason for this post is to share with all you young whippersnappers what it will be like to bring in the New Year once we're "old," be that 30, 50, or 80. Last night was a quiet evening, quite contrary to what the stereotypical college student's night of fun is suppose to be; and yet I would classify it as one of the better New Years par-tays.

December 31st
1-4 a.m. - some suspenseful Dexter with the family followed by one of the most ridiculous infomercials I've ever seen and a game-show from the 50's guest staring Lucille Ball.

8 a.m. - wake up to find that my puppy is curled up in a ball under the covers with me, being my "little spoon" in the snugglefest

10 a.m. - leave for a day of skiing (only my most favoritestest activity in the entire world) and have a nice siesta in the car to the Top 100 Music Countdown of 2009

11:30 a.m. - SUBWAY MEATBALL SUB!!!!!

12-4:30 p.m. - snow, snow, and more snow. The terrain park isn't too crowded, there's barely any ice, and we had gift certificates to get free cookie/brownie bars during our breaks.

6:30 p.m. - 45 minute hot shower with the "massage" setting. Ahhhhhhh....

8-11:59 p.m. - board games and electric trains, mashed potatoes and pitzels, fireplace and hot chocolate; all with family and family friends, including my favorite baby.

January 1st, 2010 12:20 a.m. - everyone is exhausted, and my puppy follows me upstairs to preheat my bed for me.

Happy New Year, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment